Tips And Trends: The Internet
The Internet is an important tool for any company or organization hoping to spread its message and enhance its organizational efficiency. In today’s fast-paced world, not being aware of the Internet’s potential is akin to shooting yourself in the foot. Here are a few facts to bear in mind when strategizing about how best to use the Internet to your advantage.
Internet Usage Facts:
- “In mid-2008, social networking accounted for around 10% of worldwide online time. This is a category that didn’t exist 3 years ago.” – Nielsen, March 2009
- “There are 1.6 billion people online worldwide, representing nearly 24% of the world’s population.” -Internetworldstats.com, April 2009
- “People aged 12 – 24 are notching up 23 cumulative hours a day, engaged in up to five activities simultaneously.” -NMA, April 2009
- “60% of UK consumers would view ads to receive free content.” -KPMG, April 2009
- “76% of Internet users said they had looked up news online in the past month according to a TNS survey of 30,000 Internet users in 16 countries in late 2008.” -TNS, December 2008